Saturday, September 25, 2010

Welcome to the Jungle

I’ll start this off with the phrase my friends and family often hear when I serve a new dish:

I’m not making any promises.

I’m no cooking expert, and I don’t pretend to be. I’m just a girl from South Louisiana who likes food. OK, so that’s a lie. I LOVE food. And I also happen to love to cook, which is not always the case when you love food (e.g. my husband).

As a first-year teacher, first-year wife, and first-year off my parent’s bank roll, my cooking tends to be on the less-expensive, less-time consuming end of the spectrum during the week, leaving the weekends for an occasional culinary adventure.

So if you are looking for delicious recipes, be they quick and easy to make and with simple ingredients that are probably already in your pantry or the more adventurous, I’ve-just-been-watching-Top-Chef recipes – this blog is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment